ABOUT OUR INTERNSHIPS
Each of our interns is considered an integral part of the team. We expect you to contribute to all work, engage in projects and treat this as a real job. While doing this, you will learn from some of the most brilliant minds in branding. You’ll end the internship with real-world experience working with current and prospective clients at one of today’s boldest brand and innovation firms.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email: Please send your resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Intern_“INSERT TYPE FROM LIST BELOW”_Summer 2014
Please note: While we appreciate everyone’s interest in Wolff Olins, due to high number of applicants, we can only respond directly to those who best qualify and meet the specific criteria and standards of these roles.
Deadline for intern applicants is March 20th.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT (NY)
We’re looking for an energetic, one-of-a-kind account management intern to work with our team in our New York City office. Working under our top account managers, you’ll support a range of client projects and gain real perspective on the many ways we help clients achieve their business and brand goals. You’ll get to:
• Creatively problem solve a diverse range of challenges, from keeping projects on-time and on-budget, to helping brainstorm and pin down that next ‘big idea’
• Collaborate closely with an eclectic group of experts in design, strategy and production
• Manage the many, many details that need to come together to create big impact
ACCOUNT/STRATEGY HYBRID (SF)
We’re looking for a kick-ass strategy/account management intern to work with our teams in San Francisco and New York. You’ll work on a range of internal and client projects, experiencing firsthand how brands are created and evolved. This internship is based in San Francisco. You’ll get to:
• Research into clients worlds and their competitors
• Look at macro trends
• Work with teams, helping to keep them organized and developing itineraries
• Provide background information and research to support new business pitches
• Help to identify potential partners here in the Bay Area
You should be:
• Super resourceful
• Tidy minded and organized
• Really likes people and working with people
• Happy to throw themselves in and roll their sleeves up
• Curious about what is happening in the world
• Ideally has some knowledge of the Bay Area
DESIGN NY and DESIGN SF (specify location)
We’re looking for two crazy, innovative, digital savvy design interns, one in NY and one in SF. There are no “junior” designers at Wolff Olins. Even our interns require a certain instinct and raw skill from the start. The work we aim to deliver is bold, ambitious and different. The primary role for an intern is to explore. This is the creative position freest from other responsibilities that come with longer tenure or seniority at Wolff Olins. Design interns should see this as an opportunity to learn and grow through collaboration and exposure to others on their teams. During the internship you’ll get to experiment and contribute to design solutions for a number of different clients.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Has strong graphic design and typography skills and experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Really, really, creative!
• MUST have strong skills in MOTION (animation, 3D, film/editing) and/or digital prototyping a HUGE PLUS
• Curious about the world and passionate about brands
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Collaborative and fun
• Experience in After Effects is a huge PLUS.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (NY)
The business development intern will assist the US-based business development team with various projects, supporting the revenue generation plan for North America. The intern’s primary responsibility will be to identify and vet opportunities through research and analysis of companies in the news, as well as new business inquiries, and other in-coming opportunities. The intern will learn to craft an opportunity analysis to allow management to quickly and confidently assess promising opportunities, and then package research findings concerning qualified leads into a briefing kit for the pitch team. This individual will also help prepare sales collateral (for outreach and responses to requests for information) by creating and/or aggregating assets that leverage the most relevant content available in order to position Wolff Olins in the best possible light. Finally, based on the needs of the WO business development team, the intern will be assigned a project to complete in collaboration with interns from other disciplines. Requirements:
• Some knowledge of or exposure to business development in an agency environment or other professional services category
• Highly motivated with a passion for identifying new opportunities
• Knowledgeable of the general business landscape
• Analytic ability demonstrated by research skills
• Interpersonal skills, sociable, confident
• Self starter, resourceful and able to work independently
• Proficient at using the entire Microsoft Office Suite especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Reliable, organized, detail-oriented
• Able to prioritize quickly and to readjust priorities throughout the day
We’re looking for an intern to work with our team in New York and liaise with counterparts in San Francisco and London. In this role, you’ll focus on creating content and contributing to social media platforms. You’ll gain hands-on experience creating, writing and promoting our thinking and work related to brand, business, technology and design. You’ll get to:
• Work with our global content manager on social media community management
• Partner with members of our marketing, new business and strategy teams to write and develop content for our owned channels (e.g. blog, newsletter, social media)
• Provide background information and research to support proactive media outreach
We’re looking for someone who is:
• Super resourceful
• Self-starter and proactive
• Strong writer
• Well versed in social networking sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
• Curious about what’s happening in the world of business, technology and design
• Passionate about branding, marketing, business or communication
We’re looking for a digitally-minded strategy intern to work with our team in New York City on a range of client projects. You’ll play at the intersection of brand and technology, experiencing firsthand how brands are created and brought to life. You’ll get to:
• Contribute to the development of brand strategies
• Explore emerging technologies and help build new brand experiences
• Research and analyze markets, trends, and behaviors
• Develop new business pitches and proposals
We’re looking for someone who is:
• On the pulse of technology + culture
• Fluent in the language of entrepreneurship + experience design
• Curious about the world + passionate about brands
• A clear + analytical thinker
• A great storyteller + strong writer
• Collaborative + fun!
We’re also interested in what you find interesting (beyond the bottom of your resume!), so if you have a blog, Twitter feed, portfolio or something else of that nature, we’d love to see it!