This is our most iconic and senior creative position – a creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world. Your primary responsibility is to lead and inspire our design community, and to bring a strong, uncompromising creative point of view to the leadership of the business.
As a member of the management team, the Creative Director contributes to the vision of Wolff Olins in the US, helps ensure our financial success and actively influences and evolves the company and the work as we grow.
At Wolff Olins we know we ask our clients to do things they’ve never considered before – the Creative Director needs to be able to not only sell great work to our clients, but also be able to lead projects and convince our clients to do great things.
You can come from any design background, but you must be a highly strategic thinker and be 100% credible as a leader of our design community and our business. You'll most likely be drawing upon at least eight years’ creative experience.
• Huge ambition, drive, energy and optimism while being assertive
• A restless, uncompromising spirit – not taking ‘no’ for an answer, and inspiring others to do their best work
• Brilliant rigor, cut-through and clarity of thought
• A great influencer and persuader, who thinks and acts like a leader inside and outside WO
• A generous and collaborative nature, giving others the space and encouragement to grow
• The awareness to lead by example, rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in when its needed
• A great problem solver, with the judgment, experience and decisiveness to make things happen
• Mature and perceptive – able to ‘read’ and weigh-up complex situations and others’ motivations
• Broad minded, understanding the strength of the team while maintaining the highest expectations of yourself and others
• A strong, clear opinion and voice within Wolff Olins
• Determined and tenacious enough to see things through
• Constantly challenging themselves and others to get the best out of each other
• You’ll be responsible for setting WO’s creative course, with your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the world
• You’ll be inspiring, compelling and utterly authoritative for clients and partners, and be expected to build and maintain c-suite and board-level client relationships
• You will grow WO’s reputation in the world - speaking at big events and building an influential creative network
• You’ll be expected to oversee and take responsibility for the creative excellence of everything that goes out of the door together with the other CDs.
You should be highly proficient in:
• Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
And ideally be really strong in one or more of the following areas:
• User experience: process flow, wire-framing
• Motion: After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere Pro, Final Cut