Senior Program Manager
At Wolff Olins, a Senior Program Manager provides crucial support to the client leads and project teams from pitch and proposal through to final delivery. This role is both an external and an internal one; balancing the needs and requirements of the client with the needs and requirements of the internal team (and any partner agencies/vendors) to help ensure that the quality of the work is high, projects are run efficiently, communications are clear and the process is both smooth and fun!
Senior Program Managers work closely with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines – design, strategy, new business, finance and resourcing. They need to understand how our business works, how we work with each other and with clients, and how to push the buttons of an array of different personalities. Senior Program Managers are the client lead’s right hand and strategic thinker in terms of the project approach, team and growth, they help motivate the team, is pulse lowering during times of high stress, helps avert potential obstacles with a light but firm touch and being total masters of giving people the right information at just the right time.
This role requires a person who is a master at multitasking and extremely organized; keeping multiple small to medium sized projects tracking at once, managing timelines, budgets, scopes of work, handling all of the details from top-to-bottom. This person should be able to keep the big picture front of mind and be a strategic thinker, but also get down into the weeds - we are a very flat company, and there is no task too small to do ourselves. Staying cool under pressure without getting easily frazzled is a key to success in this role.
• Excellent PM skills (profitable/deadlines/relationships/growth)
• Has worked across a range of clients and diversity of projects
• Strong ability to lead, motivate and manage large internal teams
• Forecast resourcing
• Ability to see bigger picture beyond current job
• Maximizing profitability
• Understanding of legal contracts (usage/licensing, MSA, NDA)
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills / workshop facilitation
• Able to create complex SOWs
• Actively involved in team growth & internal responsibilities – (i.e. optimize tracking tools, proactive sharing, onboarding/training)
• Attend pitches and ability to present in pitch situations
• Sound judgment and intuition
• Exceptional people skills (i.e. management, direction, facilitation, engagement, development)
• Pushes the boundaries / Business savvy /Buttoned up / prioritize, delegate and empower
6-8 years of experience in account/program management (corporate, brand or client side) with knowledge of digital or experiential processes