You’ll be leading teams on some of our biggest accounts. Most likely you'll work on 1 or 2 jobs, probably over 1-2 years. You’ll be responsible for managing and delivering large workstreams within those projects. You’ll build your own reputation at the same time, becoming well known around WO and becoming a choice for client referrals and recommendations.
- You’ll be responsible for results – ensuring our work meets client need, works in situ and builds WO reputation
- You’ll also be expected to be very adept with financial targets – using budget carefully and effectively, and being aware of the financial needs of our business.
- At this level, your core skills and sector experience is many and varied – you’ll be familiar with working with all of WO tools and you’ll be keen to add in a few of your own.
- A keen team player, you’ll know how to get the best out of the team, how to get the various resources working well together, and how to create opportunities for all team members to stretch their skills.
- New business will be a natural habitat – you’ll be able to create inspirational pitch approached that break the mould and take us into new areas and challenges.
- Finally, you’ll take a very active part in the internal life of our business, contributing enthusiastically to our communities and helping internal initiatives to take off
Senior Strategists can lead and grow projects in all dimensions.
Key Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- You may come from a similar consultancy from our sector, but you are just as likely come from another sector if you have built up a body of strategic insight and experience.
- Most likely a rich experience of roles, deep sector experience, possible a post-graduate qualification e.g. MBA
- Will have led teams previously
- You will have brand experience, but not solely
- Very well organized, an excellent planner and clear hold of the big picture
- Able to constantly think ahead – to prioritise, delegate, predict problems and opportunities
- Strong judge of quality and standards – able to stretch team members to achieve their best and go beyond
- Seen as a leader in the mind of the client - happy to take overall responsibility, and offer strong mentoring skills – insight and constructive criticism to team members
- Works seamlessly across the communities
- Comfortable working off brief and taking projects in new and unexpected directions
Personality & Interpersonal Skills
- Confident, assertive, ambitious, for yourself and WO
- A great team leader keen to help others grow
- An innovator in approach and new points of view
- A responsible attitude to our business, paying attention to upcoming overall needs beyond individual client projects
- Persuasive in all situations, able to help clients take risks
- Inspiring and nurturing in your team, alongside both clients and colleagues
- Of strong point of view, offering an interesting perspective to the media or at conferences
- Able to work independently and with confidence, and aware of when to bring the right people in, and when to collaborate
- Rigorous with a keen eye for quality and finessing the work
- Well organized, able to be bring due process and time planning to the production of work (across disciplines)
- A practiced collaborator and keen to share
- Able to work without a brief
Wolff Olins asks all staff to be highly proficient in Mac or PC operating systems and in the use of Microsoft Office, with a high degree of familiarity and comfort with mobile.