Wolff Olins has made a commitment in 2017 to build our capability in delivery. We define delivery like this:
Equipping for Impact
Designs,tools and capabilities to turn radical ambition into real-world impact
The responsibility for making this a success belongs to everyone at Wolff Olins, but to lead and champion it within the business we are looking to build a bigger delivery capability. To support this ambition we want to appoint an Implementation Director.
This is an exciting time to be coming into this role. We have big ambitions in this area – we see delivery as one of the key drivers of our growth in 2017 and beyond. To make this happen we’re aiming to build our in-house capability as well as a brilliant network of partners to help us. We have great foundations to build on – including our experience in large-scale brand roll out, experience design and our growing learning offer – but we know we need to do a lot more. Amongst other things, this will mean building a separate production team – a business-within-a-business to design, build and deliver tangible examples of our work into the world.
You’ll be a key part of shaping this delivery offer as it grows.
As Implementation Director, you’ll be an expert on all brand implementation matters, using your experience and technical expertise to:
Work with our Programme Managers to plan the overall roadmap for large-scale, multi-stream brand roll-outs, taking responsibility for timings, costings, stakeholder management and other interdependencies (working with specialist third party partners where appropriate)
Advise clients on how best to make brand transformation stick within a business, including brand governance models and processes, brand engagement and brand management systems
Keep Wolff Olins plugged in to the latest developments in managing a brand in a fluid, fast-moving, digitally-enabled world, helping our clients develop smart new tools and processes
Be an expert advisor to Wolff Olins teams on the delivery of individual components within large client projects, for example: digital experiences, events, environments, films or printed comms
Support the production team in building our delivery offer: championing delivery within the business, helping build our partner network and database as well as our bank of case studies
• Contributing to pitches and proposals from a delivery perspective
• Overseeing the delivery of specific signature experiences, for example: environments, films, stationery, packaging
• Planning and delivering external launch activities, events and comms
• Planning and delivering internal brand engagement activities, events and comms
• Overseeing quality assurance and accessibility testing
• Building client relationships at the appropriate stage of the project, providing reassurance and confidence in delivery and guiding clients in the successful implementation of change
• Understanding clients’ operational capabilities and delivering solutions that are practical and achievable, while maintaining Wolff Olins’ commitment to radical work
• Sourcing, contracting and overseeing third parties and their work
• Providing project management support as required
• You need to be flexible and adaptable, and be able to work in a fast-moving, fluid agency environment, across all types of sector and account
• You’ll already have delivery, implementation and production experience from a creative consultancy or client side
• You’ll have exceptional people and project management skills, working collaboratively with our Strategic Delivery Director, Delivery Director Programme Managers, Strategists and Designers to actively influence, orchestrate and contribute to world-class work.
Key experience, knowledge & qualifications
• At least 5 years’ experience of producing, implementing and delivering experiences and activations – either agency or client side
• A strong understanding of in print and packaging production
• Proven experience of working across multiple work streams
• Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and deliver within an agreed resource and on budget
• Strong project management skills in terms of planning and costing projects and in leading delivery teams.
• Experience of planning and creating brand guidelines (online and print) including creating digital brand management tools.
• Production experience in environmental design, signage, film and motion graphics
• Quick to build and nurture close working relationships with internal teams, clients and
• A flexible, collaborative approach and the ability to read group dynamics and respond accordingly
• Attention to detail and emphasis on high quality in all areas of work
• An ability to take ownership for solutions and accountability for challenging tasks
• Engagement with new initiatives and ability to share best practice with team
• A positive outlook and constructive approach to problems, tension or conflict
• A calm approach in a pressurised environment
• Inventiveness, entrepreneurialism and commercial acumen
IT & Technology Skills
• Highly proficient in Mac or PC operating systems
• Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Microsoft project, Omniplan or similar
• Trello or similar
• High level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite