Senior Production Manager
Wolff Olins has made a commitment in 2017 to build our capability in delivery. We define delivery like this:
Equipping for Impact
Designs, tools and capabilities to turn radical ambition into real-world impact
The responsibility for making this a success belongs to everyone at Wolff Olins, but to lead and champion it within the business we are looking to build a bigger delivery capability. As a first step we have created a new role of Strategic Delivery Director, overseeing the whole of our delivery offer and appointed a Delivery Director to grow our new production team. To support this we want to appoint a Production Manager.
This is an exciting time to be coming into this role. We have big ambitions in this area – we see delivery as one of the key drivers of our growth in 2017 and beyond. To make this happen we’re aiming to build our in-house capability as well as a brilliant network of partners to help us. We have great foundations to build on – including our experience in large-scale brand roll out and our growing learning offer – but we know we need to do a lot more. Amongst other things, this will mean building a separate production team – a business-within-a-business to design, build and deliver tangible examples of our work into the world.
You’ll be a key part of shaping this delivery offer as it grows.
As Senior Production Manager you will plan and run projects within a larger programme of work.
You will be an expert in print and packaging production with a working knowledge of signage and environments. You will work with experts within our production team or partners to produce printed communications and packaging and potentially signage, film, motion graphics and environmental designs.
You will support the production team in building our delivery offer: championing delivery within the business, helping build our partner network and database.
• Contributing to pitches and proposals from a delivery perspective
• Overseeing the delivery of specific signature experiences, for example: environments, films, stationery, packaging
• Planning and delivering external launch activities, events and comms
• Planning and delivering internal brand engagement activities, events and comms
• Overseeing quality assurance and accessibility testing
• Building client relationships at the appropriate stage of the project, providing reassurance and confidence in delivery and guiding clients in the successful implementation of change
• Understanding clients’ operational capabilities and delivering solutions that are practical and achievable, while maintaining Wolff Olins’ commitment to radical work
• Sourcing, contracting and overseeing third parties and their work
• Providing project management support as required
You need to be flexible and adaptable, and be able to work in a fast-moving, fluid agency environment, across all types of sector and account
You’ll already have delivery, implementation and production experience from a creative consultancy or client side
You’ll have exceptional people and project management skills, working collaboratively with our Strategic Delivery Director, Delivery Director Programme Managers, Strategists and Designers to actively influence, orchestrate and contribute to world-class work.
Key experience, knowledge & qualifications
• At least 5 years’ experience of producing, implementing and delivering experiences and activations – either agency or client side
• A strong understanding of in print and packaging production
• Proven experience of working across multiple work streams
• Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and deliver within an agreed resource and on budget
• Strong project management skills in terms of planning and costing projects and in leading delivery teams.
• Experience of planning and creating brand guidelines (online and print) including creating digital brand management tools.
• Production experience in environmental design, signage, film and motion graphics
• Quick to build and nurture close working relationships with internal teams, clients and
• A flexible, collaborative approach and the ability to read group dynamics and respond accordingly
• Attention to detail and emphasis on high quality in all areas of work
• An ability to take ownership for solutions and accountability for challenging tasks
• Engagement with new initiatives and ability to share best practice with team
• A positive outlook and constructive approach to problems, tension or conflict
• A calm approach in a pressurised environment
• Inventiveness, entrepreneurialism and commercial acumen
IT & Technology Skills
• Highly proficient in Mac or PC operating systems
• Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Microsoft project, Omniplan or similar
• Trello or similar
• High level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite