This is the pivotal design role at Wolff Olins – you are the main engine of the design that happens here. Your primary job is to push our design forwards – with brilliant creative ideas, amazing design and craft skills and smart strategic thinking.
• You may be leading a workstream on a large project or leading a small to medium sized project, so you must be able to lead small teams and give constructive direction and guidance to the designers working with you.
• You’ll be confident in packaging and presenting your work for clients with minimal input from design or creative directors.
• You should be able to excite and inspire people around you – both colleagues and clients – and earn their respect and confidence
• You must be able to make confident design decisions, and be smart and persuasive in bringing others with you
• You will be great at organising and prioritising your and others’ workload
• You will bring a strong creative point of view to the design community and Wolff Olins as a whole
Key Experience & Knowledge
You can come from any design background, but you must be 100% credible one of in our core disciplines of graphic design, interaction design or motion graphics. You’ll most likely be drawing upon at least four years creative experience.
A senior designer is:
• A brilliant creative thinker, with the ability to push things
• Excellent on the craft and detail – nothing gets past you
• Comfortable engaging with the strategic dimension of our work, able to get under the skin of clients’ issues, strong on content as well as visuals
• Able to make smart connections between what’s going on in the world and what we do for our clients
• Articulate, confident and assertive in presenting work Highly collaborative, able to build strong relationships within design and across the business
Senior designers are:
• Committed, confident
• Relentlessly energetic and positive, up for any challenge
• Determined and tenacious enough to see things through
• Constantly challenging themselves and others to get the best out of each other
• Generous, able to share ownership, never precious, never protective
• Open minded and flexible, constantly looking for new ways to make stuff happen and make the design better
• Unafraid to try - and fail, possessing a ‘nothing is impossible’ spirit
• Always hungry to learn, always ready to share
• Never afraid to offer opinion – or ask others theirs. They have a strong point of view, but a healthy respect for the experience of more senior creatives.
You should be highly proficient in:
• Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
And ideally be really strong in one or more of the following areas:
• User experience: process flow, wire-framing
• Motion: After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere Pro, Final Cut