Wolff Olins designs radically better businesses across a range of sectors. We help organizations be desirable and good. For over 50 years, we’ve helped established global organizations transform at pace, and new players fast-track to the next level of growth.
Our associate strategists are responsible for supporting the strategy team as well as new business efforts.
This position requires dynamic, self-motivated individuals with ability to understand different business models and challenges, conducting primary and secondary research, analyzing large amounts of content to develop cut-through insights, co-creating work sessions, and developing presentations. These tasks require a great attitude, strong analysis, communication and organization skills as well as the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
The associate strategist works closely with strategists, strategy directors, principals, new business, and on project teams with program managers and designers.
• This role sits at the heart of our client projects, creating the substance of our work for clients and building a strong relationship with the client team.
• You will work across 2 or 3 projects / new business efforts at any one time – constantly refining your learning, developing best practice.
• You will help to set the ambition of the work you undertake and affect the course of the project.
• You will be relied upon for a continual injection of new and experimental thinking and a willingness to learn.
• For the most part you will be working as part of a bigger team, but as your experience builds you will be asked to work on small projects of your own.
• You’ll be developing your leadership skills right from the start, taking clear ownership and responsibility for your work and mentoring others, peers and seniors.
• Part of your role is to contribute to the health of our business –identifying opportunities, making our offer relevant, creating content for outreach, developing approaches, and highlighting best practices.
• It is also vital that you generously contribute to our culture and initiatives internally – sharing your work and interests with others, and adding to the life of our ventures and initiatives.
• An inspiring generator of content and new methods
• An excellent writer and communicator
• Strong organizational sensitivity – empathy with the challenges people face, ability to manage and develop relationships, respect for confidentiality
• Able to apply a number of research tools, discovering new ones and developing your own
• Showing skills in constructing a strong and persuasive argument with logic and imagination
• Keen to present and begin to design and facilitate workshops for larger groups
• Absolutely tuned into the world at large, with many subject interests
• Curious, resourceful, pro-active
• Relishes working without a brief
• Open, generous, very keen to collaborate
• Inventive, imaginative, determined to discover or create a more imaginative way
e.g. can spot a wonderful new opportunity for an organization and present it in a compelling way
• Most likely you’ll have at least two years of professional experience (not necessarily in brand) or a rich range of internships and have plenty of interests outside of work – e.g. a keen volunteer