The role of a senior designer within Wolff Olins is the most important design role. The majority of the creative “heavy lifting” takes place by the head and hands of this person. A senior designer is primarily responsible for the visual thrust behind any ideas being expressed, but should also contribute as much to the strategic thinking and rationale behind those ideas. As our projects tend to be lengthy and multi-faceted, a senior designer may find themselves at times be the lead creative (most senior) on a particular project, either in part or in total. This requires that they have the basic skills necessary to manage both themselves and their projects – leading others and delivering compelling work from beginning to end throughout the process.
This is the pivotal design role at WO – you are the main engine of the design that happens here. Your primary job is to push our design forwards – with brilliant creative ideas, amazing design and craft skills, and smart strategic thinking. Senior Designers lead work streams on larger projects and solely lead small to medium sized project, leading multidiscipline teams and giving constructive direction and guidance to the designers working with you.
• You bring brand strategy to life as brand expression for our global clients
• You have the ability to deliver/oversee brand expression development and asset creation with Wolff Olin production teams for delivery to global client teams
• You enjoy brainstorming initial ideas and carry them through to concept development - ultimately taking the expression through to final implementation.
• You enjoy dealing directly with clients, presenting work and articulating the design intent and how it expresses the brand idea
• You enjoy public speaking, interview and present on behalf of Wolff Olins to the industry, press and clients.
• You are constantly on top of what is going on in the world of design/art/fashion/creativity and bring that information and inspiration into the design studio, integrated into our work. You have an assertiveness; a strong opinion and voice
• You are a problem solver and invest in getting to know the problem well
• You have the ability to think ahead - forecasting the future needs of clients and the overall project work stream
• You will manage small teams and give specific and constructive direction and feedback
• You will inspire and excite colleagues and clients
• You have strong creative instincts and willingness to push yourself and others further
• You will contribute to the overall Wolff Olins creative point-of-view and vision
• You will present your own work with strong strategic and creative rationale. You are articulate, confident and assertive in presenting work
• Bachelor’s degree in design
• Strong design portfolio
• Must be 100% credible one of in our core disciplines of graphic design, interaction design or motion graphics
• Work history must show thinking in concepts and ideas (substance), not just visual execution (style)
• You’ll have at least 4 plus years of creative experience.