At Wolff Olins, Program Managers provide crucial support to the client leads and project teams from pitch and proposal thought to final delivery.
This role is both an external and an internal one; balancing the needs and requirements of the client with the needs and requirements of the internal team (and any partner agencies/vendors) to help ensure that the quality of the work is high, projects are run efficiently, communications are clear and the process is both smooth and fun!
Program managers work closely with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines – design, strategy, new business, finance and resourcing. You will need to understand how our business works, how we work with each other and with clients, and how to push the buttons of an array of different personalities. You are the Program Director’s right hand, helping to motivate the team, being pulse lowering during times of high stress, averting potential obstacles (both internally and externally) with a light but firm touch and being total masters of giving people the right information at just the right time.
• Has a great understanding of human behavior
• Able to anticipate needs before they happen
• Have ‘spidey” senses about how a client culture operates, what individual agendas might be, how decisions get made, etc
• Exceptional listening and communication skills
• Shares same ambitions and expectations as our company
• Must be able to multi-task and super buttoned up
• Able to keep multiple small to medium sized projects tracking at once
• Managing timelines, budgets, scopes of work, handling all of the details from top-to-bottom
• Able to keep the big picture front of mind, but also get down into the weeds - we are a small, start up office within a very flat company (no task is too small)
• Have a flexible approach is a must; this is not the right job for a box ticker
• Be proactive and have a desire to learn and grow within the company