New Business Director
You will understand what constitutes the right opportunity for Wolff Olins, can brilliantly articulate what makes us special and has smart ideas for how to help us engage more strategically and effectively with the world. This individual will take charge of both identifying and capturing new lines of business. They will generate discussions and keep us top of mind with key new business leads, quickly qualify the right opportunities and mobilize internal resources to develop pitch proposals and presentations.
- Maintain responsibility for several ‘vertical categories’ to develop a knowledge base and broad networks of relationships in key industry segments on the West Coast
- Survey the market and identify opportunities across all levers of our offer (leadership, culture, experience, tools)
- Carry out outreach programs, generate meetings/conference calls and follow up accordingly
- Develop regular ‘keep in touch’ campaigns to establish ongoing dialogue
- Scan press to catch potential opportunities early on
- Contribute to the coordination of new business pitches & proposals
- Attend conferences and trigger initial discussions with identified decision makers
An energetic go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless focus on targeting new opportunities and winning new business. A ‘hands on’ individual with a high degree of initiative and dynamism.
- An experienced business developer with a minimum of 7 years experience in business development roles
- Proven track record of establishing and quickly building new client relationships in the brand, marketing, or innovation consulting arena
- Natural networker with a deep Rolodex of senior contacts to bring to the table from Day One
- Strategic and analytic thinker with the ability to quickly assess and survey a broad range of new opportunities and develop a prioritized and rational action plan
- An ability to understand clients’ biggest business and marketing issues
- High degree of strategic and commercial acumen with an ability to conduct credible senior-level conversations with target prospects
- Entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated capability
- The right communication and presentation skills necessary to convey the Wolff Olins vision
- Focused and persistent with a drive to win new business
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Resourceful and creative in identifying the right client prospects, navigating, and finding ways in to connect with them
- Consultative selling approach with the ability to build empathy and a human rapport with potential clients