Head of Business Development, US
We partner with ambitious leaders who want to design radically design better businesses. Businesses like Microsoft, Google, GE, Mayo Clinic, PwC, Visa and (Red). We exist to help people make organisations desirable and good. Ambitious for our clients and optimistic for the world.
The Head of Business Development (US) will be responsible for building relationships with new ambitious leaders, and for leading our new business efforts from outreach and through the pipeline; they will be able mobilise internal resources to develop pitch proposals and presentations and then help those teams to win; articulate what makes us special and have smart ideas for how to help us engage more strategically and effectively with the world; take charge of both identifying and capturing new lines of business; generate discussions and keep us top of mind with key new business leads, quickly qualify the right opportunities,. This candidate will already be hyper-connected, with an existing network of C-suites.
The Head of New Business will be recognized as a strategic leader in business development, ideally within the branding world. In addition, they must also share our creative and strategic vision and follow through to galvanize and inspire a team.
Work with the Managing Principals in New York and San Francsico, and with the Global Head of Business Development, to set the overall business development strategy and initiate the pursuit of selected companies, as well as manage our inbound pipeline, contribute to the coordination of new business pitches & proposals: screen opportunities, help make casting decisions, and help the team to convert new business pitches; Lead, motivate and inspire a small new business and marketing team across NY and SF.
An energetic go-getter and strategic thinker
Ability to command a room and lead a team.
A ‘hands on’ individual with a high degree of initiative and dynamism.
New Business Development & Outreach
- Experienced business developer with a minimum of 10 years experience in successive business development roles, ideally Client facing experience either in strategy or programme management, as well as New Business
- Proven track record of establishing and quickly building new client relationships in the brand, marketing, or innovation consulting arena
- A natural networker
- Strategic and analytic thinker with the ability to quickly assess and survey a broad range of new opportunities and develop a prioritized and rational action plan
- Naturally collaborative with clients and internal teams, with a large helping of EQ
- An ability to understand clients’ biggest business and marketing issues
- High degree of strategic and commercial acumen with an ability to conduct credible senior-level conversations with target prospects
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- The right communication and presentation skills necessary to convey the Wolff Olins vision
Internal Selling & Communication:
- Ability to quickly synthesize and communicate salient points and recommendations regarding new opportunities to Wolff Olins management
- Ability to build a rapport and establish internal partnerships with all disciplines in the organization – creative, program management, strategy, and production
- Ability to ‘sell-in’ new opportunities and rally internal support
- Ability to credibly communicate and present the overall new business strategy and new opportunities on an ongoing basis to key Wolff Olins stakeholders and across the company
- Focused and persistent with a drive to win new business
- Organised and detail-oriented.
- Resourceful and creative
- Consultative selling approach with the ability to build empathy and a human rapport with potential clients